What's Happening in BC Lacrosse?
- Lacrosse in the News - click here
Community Announcments - click here
- In Memoriam. It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to Les Wingrove, a long-time volunteer builder of lacrosse in BC. Our thoughts are with the Wingrove Family and Friends. There will be a Celebration of Les Wingrove's Life on Saturday, May 12 at 1:00 PM at Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex. For more information, please click here.
- BCLA Registrars Sign-In - click here
- OFFICIALS ON-LINE GAME REPORTS
Box Lacrosse - click here
Field Lacrosse - click here
- 2018 BCLA Golf Classic - June 21, 2018 - for information, please click here
- MINOR BOX LACROSSE
2018 Minor Box Tournament Application (for teams wishing to participate in tournaments) - click here
2018 SUBWAY-BCLA Minor Box (Midget/Bantam/PeeWee and Female Junior/Midget/Bantam/PeeWee) Provincial Championships - for information, please click here.
Deadline for declarations and fees for the 2018 SUBWAY-BCLA Minor Box Provincial Championships is Monday, June 4, 2018 at 4:00 PM into the BCLA Office - for Declaration Form click here
- 2018 BCLA AGM/Special Session Timelines - click here
- Team BC Program Information - click here
- 2018 BCLA Scholarships/Bursary Application Forms - DEADLINE: June 7, 2018 - click here
- 2018 SUBWAY-BCLA Box Lacrosse Player of the Year Application Forms - DEADLINE: May 28, 2018 - click here
- CLA On-Line Coaches Website - Drills, Practice Planners, Video's and more - click here
NCCP Information and Certification Pathways - click here
Log on to On-Line Coach Certification Program - click here
- 2017-2018 CLA Field Lacrosse Rulebook - click here
2017-2018 CLA Box Lacrosse Rulebook - click here
2015-18 FIL Women's Field Lacrosse Rulebook - click here
BC Lacrosse Officials Rulebook Changes Summary - click here
- CANADIAN LACROSSE ASSOCIATION BULLETINS
2018 Canadian Lacrosse National Events and Timelines - click here
Updated CLA Technical Bulletins - click here
CLA Technical Bulletin 15-02 - Under Armour Face Protector Receives CLA Approval - click here
CLA Technical Bulletin 17-02 - Sure Shots Lacrosse Wooden Shafts CLA Approval - click here (posted May 11/17)
CLA Technical Bulletin 17-03 - Approval of Jukebox JB500 Composite Shafts - click here (posted July 13, 2017)
CLA Technical Bulletin 17-04 - CSA Warrior Approved Facemask - click here (posted December 14, 2017)
Officials to Wear CSA Approved Helmets. The Canadian Lacrosse Association (CLA) has mandated a policy that, as of January 1st, 2017, all on-floor Box Lacrosse Officials must wear a CSA approved black helmet in order to referee a game. This includes Mini-Tyke games up to the Senior A level. Referee will not be allowed on the floor without a helmet.
CLA Technical Bulletin 17-01 - Women's Field Headgear and Face Mask - click here
CLA Board Accepts Resignation of National Team Program Volunteers - click here
CLA Board of Directors' Statement Regarding Charitable Status - click here
2018 Minto Cup Press Release (2018 Mar 16) - click here
2018 Senior Men's Field World Championships - July 13-21, 2018 in Netanya, Israel - Press Release
- ATHLETE SAFETY INFORMATION
Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT). This free online resource www.cattonline.com currently includes toolkits for medical professionals; and for parents, players, coaches and officials. All information contained in this resource is evidence-based.
Cardiac Screening in Athletes - takes a close look at the red flag symptoms of a possible underlying cardiac abnormality and the steps an athlete can take to catch such problems early - click here.
Mind Check - click here
SportMedBC First Aid and Taping Courses - click here
- INTERNATIONAL LACROSSE EVENTS/INFORMATION
BC and the Langley Events Centre awarded the 2019 World Indoor Box Lacrosse Championships - click here
- GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS/INFORMATION
Joint Officials Coaches Abuse Panel Information Sheet - click here. Let's end the abuse of officials in Lacrosse!
2016 U19 Worlds Lacrosse Foundation. The 2008 U19 Worlds Lacrosse Foundation has been set up to carry on the legacy of this event and to help foster the growth of youth field lacrosse. Please visit the website for all of the details -www.u19worldlaxfoundation.com
BCLA Jack Crosby Endowment Fund. For more information please - click here
BCLA Bill McBain Endowment Fund. For more information please - click here
On-Line Event Hosting Toolkit. The Province of British Columbia has launched its new online hosting toolkit, providing communities and organizations with additional information on how to host events of all sizes. This toolkit is another component of the five-year hosting strategy that was announced by the Province last year to promote BC as a world-class hosting destination. The resource will include important tools to assist sport, art and cultural event organizers through the various stages of event management. Link to this resource - click here
Aboriginal Cultural Relations Module. This FREE interactive module is designed to educate sport and recreation leaders about important aspects of Aboriginal culture, and to provide best practices on how to incorporate this awareness into their programming. Please click here.
- KidSport BC - Program Information
- BC Ferries Sport Experience Program: Guidelines · On-Line Application To assist in the costs of teams traveling, the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program has been developed to provide travel support to not-for-profit sport organizations. Eligible applicants may apply for up to 2 one-way passenger vouchers per eligible traveler. Through this exciting program, BC Ferries and ViaSport British Columbia will assist with ferry travel costs for athletes, coaches and team managers.